Skip to main content

Key of David: Remember God!


 “Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me; for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth (all things ) for me-{that part was not in the original text}. He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God SHALL send forth his mercy and his truth.”

In the time of trouble, David remembers three things:

1.      WHO God is

2.      WHAT He has done for me,

3.      His love is unchanging! God can be trusted to do it again!

Oh, focus on God. What did I tell you, my people, when all of these things come to pass, lift up your eyes, for your redemption draws night? Lift up your eyes. See Me, exalted above the heavens.

“A horse is a vain thing for safety; neither shall he deliver any by his great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in His mercy…to deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive in famine.”“Our soul waiteth for the Lord, He is our help and our shield. Let they mercy, O Lord, be upon us according as we hope in thee.”

 Psalm 33:18-22

“In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.”

Psalm 56:4

David saw himself surrounded by his enemies, and he feared. But then he began to remember. He began to praise me on the ten stringed instrument. He shut off the bad news. He was not looking to man. He was not looking to the left, or to the right. He was looking UP where I am seated in the heavens. He began to recall my works on his behalf. He remembered all that I had performed for him. My mighty works that came down from heaven, wonderful works, and as he meditated on what I had already done for him, My Spirit began to fill him with joy and peace, for I am the God of HOPE, and as my people remember all that I have done, and give me praise for it, My Spirit comes and fills them with power and in the place of fear, in the place of despair, in the place of strife, comes a hope in my salvation, a confidence that if I fulfilled my promises in the past, then I will fulfill them again.

“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” Romans 15:13

He praised my promises and His heart was fixed. He was quiet and confident as my Holy, Mighty Spirit of Hope filled him with joy. Peace as the winds whipped and the storm blew. He didn’t look to man, he wasn’t trusting in the arm of flesh as Israel did when the enemy threatened them, when they made alliances with heathen nations instead of trusting me.

“The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought; he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.” Psalm 33:10

Oh my people. Remember me. You memory is your greatest weapon, for you have seen my love. You have tasted my glory. You have glimpsed my power, mercy, strength, and beauty. But many are like the disciples who, after seeing the two miracles of the fish and the loaves, began looking once again at their own resources. They quickly forgot my provision. I say to you what I said to them; do you not yet understand?

David was confident because he regularly remembered what I had done for him, and because He knew my character, and that I am changeless. He recalled what He had discovered about Me, my divine attributes, and this gave him complete confidence.

“When I am afraid, I will put my confidence in You.”

Don’t you remember when I took you out of that hopeless situation? Don’t you remember when I led you in a way you hadn’t known, and I put all of the pieces in their place? Remember how I sent people with information, resources, wisdom, anointing? Remember how I brought you the fatness of My house, the anointing, through my vessels… for you are a child in my house, and I am a good, patient, and tender Father. Remember how I poured my Spirit upon your hungry heart and satisfied your deepest desires? Remember how I drew you to myself, causing you to pant after me? Do you imagine that was your desire? Do you imagine that was coming from your human flesh? No! No flesh pants after the living God like that. I was giving you that longing for I have made you for Myself. I chose you, you did not choose me.  

Do not forget, My child. You have gone through many valleys, and you have climbed many mountains in my strength, and it was none other than Myself that led you all of the way. I have upheld you. I have made you. It is I and beside me, there is no other. I do all of these things so that you will remember, and give me praise. My child, I change not. I change not. My love for you is the same, but you must remember. You must focus on Me. Look not to the things of this world!

But as for me, I will sing each morning about your power and mercy. For you have been my high tower of refuge, a place of safety in my day of distress. Oh my strength, to You I sing my praises, for You are my high tower of safety, my God of mercy.”

“Unto you, Oh my strength, will I sing, for God is my defense, and the God of my mercy.” Psalm 59:17


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing in Revelation

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 It is so important that we approach scripture as children, expecting the Holy Spirit to open our minds to Truth. As “churched” believers, (I so dislike that term, it sounds like something that is pickled), we are in danger of approaching the word as if we fully understand it. This attitude shuts off revelation, dulling our spiritual vision and curbing our knowledge of God. We are called to be spiritually quickened, not to pickle in the stagnant pools of familiar church doctrine. This is not to say that church doctrine is a not good and helpful. No, the problem comes when doctrine becomes a wall that shuts us out from Spirit led revelation. But when viewed as a door, doctrine can serve as an invitation, beckoning the hungry heart to come in and explore. It is interesting to note

Searching for Simeons; be still and know

Be Still, and Know.  This word came to me after I quieted my heart this morning and felt that it was the Lord speaking a word of caution and encouragement.  "Practice solitude often. Solitude increases your spiritual perception. The spirit knows and perceives while the natural mind ponders, divides, considers, reasons. Guard your mind from distraction. Knowing in the realm of the spirit is much like a man who looks into a calm pond and sees his reflection in the stillness of the water. He can see his image until a pebble is cast into the water and he loses the image just as it is taking shape. In the same way, silence is the calm water that allows you to hear my voice, for I speak to you in the silence. Emails, T.V., talk shows, intrusive cell phones are the little pebbles that disturb the water just as knowledge is forming in the depths of the spirit man. You may guard yourself against the "giants in the land" but miss me in the distractions of life. It is death by 1,00

How Faith Grows: Labor to Rest (and Tear Down Those Beliefs that Steal the Word!)

Your word is my shield and buckler. No matter what enemy David was facing, he consistently fled into the refuge of God's word. He meditated on it day and night until He saw God move.    “As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” (John 6:57) How do we eat Jesus? “Hearken diligently unto Me, and eat that which is good , and let your soul delight itself in fatness.” Isaiah 55:2 We hear him, and we keep hearing him until faith is born. When faith is born, we enter into the substance of the unseen. When faith has been born, some work or experience will follow. Until then, it is dead. Like a tiny seed, the promise yields its peaceable fruit in due season; new fruit of the Spirit, or freedom from some opression. But first, we have to chew, and chew, and chew. This is actually the biblical metaphor for how we are to labor to enter into the rest of God. “Let us therefore fear, lest, a PROMISE being left us of en