Skip to main content

Peace In The War

 


Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock: 25and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and if fell not: for it was founded upon the rock. 26And every one that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand: 27and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and smote upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall thereof. Matt 7:24-27

(The Lord gave a very clear sign to America about this reality in the one house that was standing on Mexico beach after Hurricane Michael. The good news is that He will be glorified in these storms. You can read about it on my blog under that name. He warns and prepares us.)

Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asked to have you, that he might sift you as wheat:  but I made supplication for thee, that thy faith fail not; and do thou, when once thou hast turned again, establish thy brethren.

The Lord always prepares us for things to come. I had some divine nudges that December could bring in some challenges, and with the nudge, the message that I am not alone. He walks with me through every valley. Of course, fear was there next to me, ready to pounce on the word of the Lord to twist it into something ugly and oppressive.  As I brought the fear to Him, I saw the Lord transform it into peace, and I was at rest again in His love, in the "bosom of the Father" with Jesus. Those words are the honey and milk of heaven, giving sweet peace and divine calcium to my spiritual bones.

Everything that can be shaken, will be shaken, so that what cannot be shaken will remain. I may have botched that scripture, but I need to conserve the caffeinated energy that I’m working off of this morning. Things began going a little haywire in October, and once again I was tempted to fear. Oh dear, the devil is attacking me!  I began thinking of all of the warfare admonitions about fighting the devil. Do I need to sing high praises to chase the demons away from my life? Bind the demon off of my cell phone, my computer, my car, my health? Those ideas brought more fear. 

In time, I began to see that the warfare is not against my things, my job, or any circumstance that Satan might want to destroy. I felt this wisdom dawning on my darkness and fear: "You don't have to worry about any of that. I have all of it. What Satan wants is your faith. He wants the word of the Lord." I saw that the Lord can easily handle all of those circumstances that concern me if I will only trust Him to do it.

I saw how Satan went after Job, and Peter, and Jesus, and all of the others. In every case, the warfare was not about the circumstances, but about faith.  He is after one thing, and one thing only-God’s word. He may use pleasure, or pain, or trouble, or sorrow, or distraction, or man’s praise, or even material wealth. Is He good? Can we trust Him? Can we believe His word? That is what Satan wants to destroy. Everything else is dust in the wind.

I saw Hebrews 11 with fresh eyes. No matter what winds blew against them, those saints were only moved by the word of the Lord, that which cannot be seen with physical eyes. God has been warning us all of the coming shakings, and with the warning, He has been saying one thing: “Trust Me.” Fear not, I am thy sun and shield, and my personal favorite, "I am they great reward." Who or what can compare with God Himself, that one clothed in inexpressible light with the appearance of sardis? I don't know what that means but it makes my knees wobble just a bit! Anyways, I digress...

Hold fast to every word and all the revelation that you have ever had. Jesus lived by God's word and was never moved by what he saw with his eyes. Now is our time to reject every idea, belief and thought that we have not heard from God. I like to boil things down to their most essential parts, and it seems that it all comes down to two choices: circumstance or His word. This rings in my spirit: no matter what you see, hear, or feel: HOLD FAST.

"Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Jesus showed us how to gain the victory.  He showed us how to watch and pray in the garden. Satan was absolutely attacking Jesus when he entered into Judas and nailed Jesus to the cross-and it went exactly as God had ordained. Checkmate. Always, Divine Checkmate. 

Talk about regret. I wonder how often Satan regrets doing that to Jesus? What seemed to be his greatest victory brought God the greatest glory.

Wait for it. Just wait for it! Keep the patience of faith, and the patience of His word. And that is really the crux of it all.  In some ways we have been taught to fear Satan, and to battle him and his demonic hoards, but God says to fear Him alone, and expect to see His glory no matter how bad things look.  Who has believed the report of the Lord, and to whom is His arm revealed? Isa 53:1

Expect to see the victory. See Me high and lifted up and that I will boomerang Satan’s worst attacks against him for the kingdom of God to march forward! We can have peace in the midst of spiritual war.

May God's word grow deep roots in your hearts and minds. As the angel said to Daniel, and to us today when our human strength fails in the face of hard circumstances:

O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong.”  Dan 10:19

Such lovely words flowing with the milk and honey of heaven itself. Thank You Father. We love you.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing in Revelation

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 It is so important that we approach scripture as children, expecting the Holy Spirit to open our minds to Truth. As “churched” believers, (I so dislike that term, it sounds like something that is pickled), we are in danger of approaching the word as if we fully understand it. This attitude shuts off revelation, dulling our spiritual vision and curbing our knowledge of God. We are called to be spiritually quickened, not to pickle in the stagnant pools of familiar church doctrine. This is not to say that church doctrine is a not good and helpful. No, the problem comes when doctrine becomes a wall that shuts us out from Spirit led revelation. But when viewed as a door, doctrine can serve as an invitation, beckoning the hungry heart to come in and explore. It is interesting to note

Searching for Simeons; be still and know

Be Still, and Know.  This word came to me after I quieted my heart this morning and felt that it was the Lord speaking a word of caution and encouragement.)   "Practice solitude often. Solitude increases your spiritual perception. The spirit knows and perceives while the natural mind ponders, divides, considers, reasons. Guard your mind from distraction. Knowing in the realm of the spirit is much like a man who looks into a calm pond and sees his reflection in the stillness of the water. He can see his image until a  pebble is cast into the water and he loses the image just as it is taking shape. In the same way, silence is the calm water that allows you to hear my voice, for I speak to you in the silence. Emails, T.V., talk shows, intrusive cell phones are the little pebbles that disturb the water just as knowledge is forming in the depths of the spirit man. You may guard your self against the "giants in the land" and miss me in the daily distractions of life. It is dea

How Faith Grows: Labor to Rest (and Tear Down Those Beliefs that Steal the Word!)

Your word is my shield and buckler. No matter what enemy David was facing, he consistently fled into the refuge of God's word. He meditated on it day and night until He saw God move.    “As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.” (John 6:57) How do we eat Jesus? “Hearken diligently unto Me, and eat that which is good , and let your soul delight itself in fatness.” Isaiah 55:2 We hear him, and we keep hearing him until faith is born. When faith is born, we enter into the substance of the unseen. When faith has been born, some work or experience will follow. Until then, it is dead. Like a tiny seed, the promise yields its peaceable fruit in due season; new fruit of the Spirit, or freedom from some opression. But first, we have to chew, and chew, and chew. This is actually the biblical metaphor for how we are to labor to enter into the rest of God. “Let us therefore fear, lest, a PROMISE being left us of en